Deviant Anomaly

a·nom·a·ly (-nm-l) n. pl. a·nom·a·lies 1. Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule. 2. One that is peculiar, irregular, abnormal, or difficult to classify

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydneyish, New South Wales, Australia

Uhhhhhm... I'm a random collection of impulses, oddities and whims in the shape of a girl. Either a wit or a half-wit (depending on who you ask) and mainly notorious for leaving everything vaguely educational to the last minute, then making a half-assed attempt at getting it done that somehow fools the markers into thinking I have any idea what I'm talking about. Oh, and the rubber-chicken incident. But 'nuff said about that. I live in a small town outside a bigger town outside a small city outside a bigger city outside Oz's biggest city... which is still pretty small as cities go, or so I hear. Backwater of the South Pacific? I guess, so – but it’s okay here. Or its. I can never work out which one that is. Meh. ANYway, moving right along – I’m in first-year Uni (Freshman Year to the Yanks) studying communications of all things (yeah right, like I need any help in learning to talk?) and as of second semester this year I’ve moved out of home, now living in a small room of a small house in the aforementioned small town. With three other peeps, exactly one and a half of which are small. Want to know more? Just ask – I’m out of space.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Brrrraaaaaainsss

On April 30th this year, a strange zombie virus struck Sydney! From 1pm the walking undead started to emerge around our Town Hall from shopping mall and bus, as well as from the dozens (literally) of tunnels that surface in the area. We gathered under the big clock until it struck two, then all hundred and fifty of us or so started lurching off through the streets of Sydney.

Crying out our chants of 'Undead Rights!', 'Don't take Death Lying Down!' and the classic 'Braaaaaaainsss', we had more than a few odd looks from passers by. One bit that I did feel a little guilty about was when this little boy took one look at us, screamed and ran off in tears.

This was mostly made up for though when one of our more graphic corpses staggered up to where a fiveish-year-old girl and her mum were watching and mock-bit at her. The mum looked a little shocked, but laughed - the girl? She giggled and went straight for his leg. Took a couple of his mates to separate them, everyone laughing their heads off.

Though when the Lurch continued, his limp was a little bigger than before. Girls rule, am I right?

It took us almost three hours to get to the Opera House (which surprisingly enough was actually where we were headed) delayed slightly while one pack of us attacked a passing bus, another wandered over towards some cops and (later) my gang mauled a poor hapless passerby (who
was actually one of our friends we'd asked to meet us there - looked spontaneous as all hell though).

We chanted slogans, waved our placards in the air and were promptly mobbed by a passing trio of buses filled with tourists happily snap-snapping away. We even drew a television crew or two!

By the time we lurched off into the sunset, we were well-content with ourselves.

Chaos, Panic, Fear? Our work here was done.

Why am I bringing this up today? Well partly the dead-girl-walking feeling after just getting my last assessment - a speech - all written and finished about two minutes before I had to read it out on Friday Evening.

And partly (as you'll hear in the You-Tube) because there's a reprise of the Lurch happening in Early September. Tonight in fact.

Sorry to type and lurch, but I hear my lift outside ^_^

Back tomorrow,

Anomaly

PS: Linky to a you-tube of the Lurch I found the other day - its only a few minutes and its fun to watch... if you watch closely I show up (briefly) around 1:16... not that that's the reason to watch it ^_^

8 Comments:

Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Oh my God, it looks like some of my former co-workers! Oh ha ha ha. Looks fun. Madison, WI is a fun place, by the way, as far as universities go. Hope the new zombie cycle is just as
smashing as the one in April :->

p.s. do y'all do Halloween as well?

6:13 am  
Blogger Anomaly said...

To date, no... but then it hasn't been a full year since the first Lurch yet. Maybe I'll suggest it and we can come pouring out of some cemetary somewhere just in time to terrify the late night shoppers ^_^

Anomaly

9:37 am  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Reminds me of the movie "Shawn of the Dead." Looks like someone got pelted with a tomato.

4:36 pm  
Blogger Cinnamon Girl said...

I love it! Wish we had a local version. I could just head there right after work. No make up needed!

4:00 am  
Blogger Jamie said...

They should have rushed the capitol buildings, then, realizing that there were no brains there, went shuffling off. :-)

12:40 pm  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Love this post. I adore zombies and zombie movies!

2:18 pm  
Blogger Irene said...

These people celebrated Halloween a little too early. :p

6:41 am  
Blogger Irene said...

These people celebrated Halloween a little too early. :p

6:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home